Tuesday, February 7, 2012

February 6, 2012


We Are family
As I exited the school today, I happened to glance over at our new sign as it was scrolling “We Love You Mrs. Bouchillon.” It was then I was reminded of one of the many comments that I consistently hear echoed at Magnolia Heights "we are a family."
Mrs. Susan Bouchillon underwent surgery yesterday in her battle with breast cancer. All throughout the day prayers and thoughts were lifted up for her and her family. Around 6:00 last night I received word that she was out of surgery and that everything went well. There was no cancer in the lymph nodes and the prognosis is for a full recovery. We give praise to God for her surgeons, nurses and other medical personnel who worked with her during the surgery and are attending to her now.

Susan is not only a gifted educator and a teacher who truly loves her children, but she is also a beloved member of our Magnolia Heights family. I know that you will join me in the coming days, weeks, and months to continue to lift her and her family up in prayer as she convalesces toward a full recovery.
It’s just what families do!
God Bless you Susan and we wish you a speedy and complete recovery.